The mind boggling list of Tamilnadu tourist places will leave you longing to stay just a little bit longer.
Tamil Nadu is a great place to visit for people wanting a religious experience. Each attraction has a religious or artistic story to tell which will leave one spellbound. With its breathtaking hill stations and long sunny beaches, Tamil Nadu caters to people who not only want to soak in the culture but who want to relax and unwind for a while. It boasts a coastline that is 910 kilometres (600 miles) long, the country’s third longest coastline. Tamilnadu tourist places have a lot to offer travel buffs, from religious experiences to hill stations and sun-kissed beaches.
There are so many wonderful and mysterious places to visit in Tamilnadu. Here lies the heady temple trail: Kanchipuram, Mamallapuram, Chidambaram, Thanjavur, Madurai, the second Varanasi of Rameswaram, and where three oceans mingle in Kanyakumari. Here too, for serious seekers and dilettante yogis, the contrasting ashram atmospheres of introspective Tiruvannamalai, futuristic utopian Auroville, and the industrious urban campus of Si Aurobindo in Pondicherry.
Welcome antidotes to temple fatigue come in the form of Pondicherry’s charming French domestic architecture and the crumbling palatial homes of Chettinad, or in big breaths of nature in the blue Nilgiri mountains around the celebrated hill stations of Ooty and Kodaikanal. The mindboggling list of Tamilnadu tourist places will leave you longing to stay just a little bit longer.
Top Places to Visit in Tamilnadu
- Watch the sun set over three oceans at once in Kanyakumari
- Soak up the atmosphere of Chennai (Madras) with its friendly and down-to-earth big-city dwellers
- Feel the religious fervour in the temple city of Madurai
- Climb into the cool of the Western Ghats and breathe in the fresh air at Kodaikanal
- Explore the port-city of Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) with its spectacular rock-cut temples
- Sit back and enjoy the Gallic roots of Puducherry (Pondicherry)