The best time to visit Aurangabad is during the winter months from November to February. The average winter temperature ranges from a maximum of 22°C to a minimum of 10°C making it a comfortable experience to visit the attractions in and around Aurangabad.
- Winters (November to February) provide very pleasant climate with the minimum temperature touching down to 10 °C. It is the perfect time for sightseeing and exploring the heritage sites of Aurangabad.
- Summers (March to May) are hot with the average temperature ranging between 21 °C and 37 °C and with the maximum soaring to around 43 °C. Typically tourists avoid the hot summer months of April and May.
- Monsoons (June to September) provide relief to the hot climate and most of the rainfalls occur in this season. The rains make the scenic regions more beautiful.
Events & Festivals in Aurangabad
It is worth scheduling a visit to Aurangabad during one of their fairs or festivals that are held on a grand scale as the city is the most colourful and liveliest at this time. Be prepared for throngs of tourists, both local and foreigners, during this time.
- March offers the grandeur Ellora Festival, which attracts thousands of tourists every year
- September is very attractive in Aurangabad with Vinayaka Chathurthi celebrations
- October – November is thriving with imposing festivities and shows of Navaratri and Deepavali