re you heading to Brisbane for a holiday? Read this article for ten interesting facts about Brisbane. It’s easy to see why Brisbane is such a popular holiday spot for Australian and international tourists.
[singlepic id=5766 w=740 h=560 float=center]
10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Brisbane
- Brisbane is the capital of Queensland, known as the ‘Sunshine State’
- With a population of over 1.6 million, Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia
- Brisbane is known as “Brizzie” to the locals
- The city is situated on the Brisbane River and surrounded by misty blue hills
- Brisbane is known for its scenic beauty, balmy climate and friendly atmosphere
- A smorgasbord of cultural offerings makes Brisbane Queensland’s epicentre for the arts with world-class galleries, museums, theatres, art-house cinemas, live-music venues and events
- Brisbane is the jumping-off point for the Gold and Sunshine Coasts
- Eating and drinking in Brisbane is all about open-air experiences and many places have massive windows opening onto leafy streets with tables and chairs spilling on sidewalks
- Wander in the botanic gardens, in-line skate or bike along the riverfront pathways, have a drink in a pub beer garden, or get out on the river on a CityCat ferry
- Getting around Brisbane is cheap and easy, good food, including fantastic seafood, is abundant, and accommodation is affordable, especially in some of the city’s comfortable, elegant B&Bs
[singlepic id=5765 w=740 h=560 float=center]
Tell us what you think. Are you planning a trip to Brisbane? If you’ve been here before, please share with us any interesting facts of your own.
We love to hear from you so please leave your comments below.