Are you heading to Brisbane for a holiday? Read this article for ten interesting facts about Brisbane. It’s easy to see why Brisbane is such a popular holiday spot for Australian and international tourists.
10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Brisbane
- Brisbane is the capital of Queensland, known as the ‘Sunshine State’
- With a population of over 1.6 million, Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia
- Brisbane is known as “Brizzie” to the locals
- The city is situated on the Brisbane River and surrounded by misty blue hills
- Brisbane is known for its scenic beauty, balmy climate and friendly atmosphere
- A smorgasbord of cultural offerings makes Brisbane Queensland’s epicentre for the arts with world-class galleries, museums, theatres, art-house cinemas, live-music venues and events
- Brisbane is the jumping-off point for the Gold and Sunshine Coasts
- Eating and drinking in Brisbane is all about open-air experiences and many places have massive windows opening onto leafy streets with tables and chairs spilling on sidewalks
- Wander in the botanic gardens, in-line skate or bike along the riverfront pathways, have a drink in a pub beer garden, or get out on the river on a CityCat ferry
- Getting around Brisbane is cheap and easy, good food, including fantastic seafood, is abundant, and accommodation is affordable, especially in some of the city’s comfortable, elegant B&Bs
Tell us what you think. Are you planning a trip to Brisbane? If you’ve been here before, please share with us any interesting facts of your own.
We love to hear from you so please leave your comments below.
Leave A Comment